Selecting A Financial Advisor

ICW Financial Advisor Quick Facts

When selecting a financial advisor, like any other service professional – doctor, attorney or accountant – it is easy to feel a bit like you are looking at icebergs, with 10 percent of their attributes above water and visible for you to see and the remaining 90 percent of their attributes below the surface and invisible to you.

There are always lots of differences between best-in-class, run-of-the-mill, and bottom-of-the-barrel.  Discerning if a financial advisor or wealth management team can truly provide the wise counsel, leadership, technical competence and managerial responsibility you seek is not easy, but it’s not impossible either.

Download our proprietary Wealth Management Professional Selection Guide and Questionnaire below featured in our listing on the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors website to use and discuss with any individual or firm before entrusting them with advising you financially and helping you look after your financial well-being.

Selecting a Financial Advisor
Interview Guide

Our Wealth Management Professional Selection Guide will provide you with key professional selection criteria and interview questions.  These criteria and questions will help you focus your search on advisory professionals appropriate for your consideration and prepare you for higher-quality interviews.  At the conclusion of your interviews, you’ll have better-developed advisory professional candidate profiles to review for your final selection and hiring decision.

Play Video about thumbnail